CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 13, 2012

Manti Pageant - June 2011

For my birthday this year I decided I wanted to go the Manti Pageant. I went to it a lot growing up because my Aunt lives just down the street from the temple and my mom also grew up in Mt. Pleasant, which is about 20 min away. I LOVE going to Sanpete County because it is nostalgic for me. My grandparent's house was in Mt. Pleasant. An old, cute, white house. As kids we used to spend hours playing outside. Playing and exploring in the shacks out back, swinging off the porch, eating fresh pears off the pear tree, pulling each other around on the garden cart, and walking to the Dairy Freeze up the street. Such laid back days. Now, both my grandparents (all of them actually) have passed on. The house has been sold. Going back to my Aunt's house or attending the pageant is really the only reason we have to go.

The pageant was great in all its glory. Of course my mom and siblings waited in line to be the first to speedwalk (running is not allowed) to the front and save seats. After the best seats in the house are saved we head back to my Aunt Darlene's house for good food and good times. A very competitive game of croquet was played and Carter threw rocks into the street. The whole time.

Little miss Paige stayed behind with my Aunt Darlene. We walked down to the temple of course saw the protesters try to work their sad magic. My favorite part of the pageant is at the end when the choir is on the wall on the hillside of the temple all dressed in white. The spirit is so strong. I bet most of the protestors leave before that part.

After the pageant was over we stayed at a hotel in Ephraim. The next day was Father's Day and I spoiled Mark with breakfast in bed! :)









No comments: