CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Independence Day!

We had a great time celebrating the 4th of July. We started out the weekend by going to the Cherry Days parade on Saturday. I had always wanted to be in the children's parades when I was younger but I think I only was in one once or twice. So I wanted to relive my childhood through Carter and so I put him in the children's parade! Grace also rode in Carter's wagon with him and Stephanie and I decked it out the night before. Carter and Gracie loved throwing candy to all the kids and asked for permission before they threw each piece. Carter enjoyed picking up candy and watching the floats, but I think he enjoyed playing with snaps and the water gun even more! After the parade we went to my parent's house for our annual family pictures and had a small lunch. Then we went home so Carter could take a nap. After naptime we went back to parent's house to play in the water and have a BBQ. After the BBQ we went up to the fireworks at Weber High. Carter really likes fireworks!

On Sunday we went to church then came home and got ready to have friends and family over to our house for a BBQ and fireworks. We had a great time just relaxing, eating, and visiting. The kids played with snaps and sparklers and we had a great firework presentation accompanied with music. It was the perfect way to spend the holiday. I just love the 4th of July. I think it ranks at the top of my list for favorite holidays. I'm grateful that Mark is willing to do the things I have always traditionally done and love. He even wears the matching flag shirt for pictures... :)









These next few are of us trying to get a family picture. I thought they were pretty funny...


I think this one is going on the Christmas card


Another Christmas card worthy picture


Getting closer...

The Winner! 

Carter loves muffins... Obviously.

I had a new appreciation for Independence Day this year. I am so grateful for the freedoms we enjoy. I am grateful to be able to believe and practice my religion without any consequences. Without my knowledge of the gospel I don't know where I would be. I also believe that God has a part in the greatness of this country. I wish that people weren't trying to take God out of everything. He is the reason for it all. I am also grateful for the men and women who have served and are serving our country. I have many family members, ancestors, and friends that have served our country. Thank you!

Happy 4th of July Bridger!

Everyone hanging out at our 4th of July BBQ


 Carter & Carson dipping trucks into the bucket of water. 

Ooooooooooo.... Fire......

"I wavin' mama!"

We were well prepared.

The fireworks in all their glory. 

2 comments:

Angie said...

Fun times! Carter is getting to be the spittin' image of Mark! He is getting so big!

Andreanna said...

I love your wagon. Carter looks like he had a great day.