Anyway, we spent more time than we usually do in California Adventure. Part of that had to do with trying to get fast passes for the new World of Colors show. It is a water show kind of like Fantasmic in Disneyland. You can get fast passes first thing in the morning or you can buy them with a meal from certain restaurants. We decided to buy ours with a meal and thought they went on sale at 10:00am but they really went on sale at 2:00pm. So we kind of wasted some time with figuring that out. It was the perfect California day to be at California Adventure Park. It was very hot and sunny!
On our way home from California we decided to stay the night in Vegas to break up the trip a little bit. Mark and I (but Mark especially) had really been wanting to stay at the Golden Nugget. We had seen and heard about their awesome pool and really wanted to try it out. When we arrived in Vegas at around 8 or 9 the pool was already closed. We checked it out then went to Fremont Street. It was quite the experience! Fun, but we only needed to stay for about an hour until we were all done. The only thing I am bummed about is that I forgot to get me a fried oreo before we left... Probably a good thing. I may have had a heart attack right then.
Chip & Dale were so cute!
They took Carter's ball and started bouncing it to each other and playing with him!
Mr. Incredible walked right up by were we were sitting. Carter got to interact with him for a minute before the crowd rushed over.
Our little Carter bug!!
I loved ALL of the pictures we took of him in these glasses! What a cutie bug!
Carter with a grandma bug. They are the nicest kind of bug.
Us with our little stink bug!
We always like to get clam chowder in a bread bowl and Paradise Pier. It is so good! While we were getting our soup I saw these awesome looking cupcakes (below). They had edible glitter on them and had cherries in the cake.
That little World of Color design on top was edible white chocolate.
Chance loved Woody's belt buckle. He kept rubbing it. Looks like Clay was having a good time too!
Lyndee was not a big fan of meeting the characters. The only one she loves was princess Tiana. Weird.
Amanda had asked me what I was going to wear the next day and now I know why... she totally copied me! Geez.
Here we are on the ferris wheel. Carter loved it and kept yelling Woah! when it would swing. Mark on the other hand, was a little scaredy cat.
I love Chance's cute smiling face in this pic.
Carter actually tried on hats for me! He wouldn't keep it on very long though. Isn't he cute?!
WORLD OF COLOR!!
I'm so glad we were able to see it. Especially since it just opened on June 11th. I loved it. What a great show!
It is so cool how they project images onto the water.
This pic is actually from Disneyland. My mom is so lucky and got to watch Mickey & Minnie dance to the band!
Bridger was with us! We saw this road sign in Las Vegas just before we got to the Golden Nugget.
This is the pool at the Golden Nugget. As you can see the slide goes through the giant aquarium that holds giant fish and SHARKS! - Big ones!
This is a good one of the sharks. Mark and I both went down it once. I started to get nervous when I was going down the slide and I thought about being only inches or a few feet away from sharks. (You will never see me scuba diving! I am too scared of water creatures and am claustrophobic under water).
Fremont Street!
Fremont Street was cool because they play a show on the ceiling every hour. It would have been cooler if the show did not consist of only KISS (in my opinion).
These Chinese people thought Carter was SO Interesting! They were taking pictures of him! You can see the guy in the middle holding up a stick. It blinked red and that must be what they use to gather the group. Carter had a similar one that was white. I don't know if that is what they liked, or if it was his blonde hair, or if it was the fact that he was cruising Fremont Street in his stroller. I don't know, but it was kind of funny. They were video recording him and taking pictures. So I returned the favor!
Well, that was the last of our trip! We had a great time and I can't wait until it is time to go back! Thanks to Mark for taking care of all the details. Thanks to the Johnsons and my mom for joining us! And thanks to the Fishers for watching our dog! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment