"Just A Prayer Away"
There once was a special spirit, the Lord called out one day.
The Lord said, "My son, your time has come, you leave for Earth today."
"So choose two parents with love and strength,
for they will have to face some sorrow.
You see my son, your work is not done,
I'll need you home tomorrow."
So the spirit went out and chose his parents,
and down to Earth he came.
Parents filled with love and kindness,
Mark and Alison are their names.
As a babe in mothers womb, he felt a tender touch.
He already knew her voice, her heart, her sweet spirit he loved so much.
He also knew a fathers touch, gentle yet so strong.
Who longed to rock him to sleep at night, and try to sing a song.
And though he could not stay some time..
He already loved them dear.
A mother, a father, and big brother who shed soft tears.
And in the darkness of the night, the Lord he called him home
"I really hate to leave," he said, "this family I long to love and know."
You see, Bridger sent this message, because he wants you to know,
just how much he loves you, and that he's sorry he had to go.
"Thank you for your love and care in the womb each day.
You made the time I spent with you, so special in every way."
"I know it's hard to understand the reasons and the pain.
For you it seems like forever until we meet again,
But please don't cry, and don't feel bad, for Mom and Dad can't you see
For me it's but a moment until again we are a family.
My love and blessing I'll send to you each and everyday.
And anytime you need to talk to me, you need just kneel and pray."






3 comments:
Wow that is a sweet poem. It got some tears in my eyes for sure ;) What a great friend to bring that to you, so so sweet.
I had the chills the whole time reading that. What a perfect poem. And thanks for sharing about the services. Exactly like you said, "sad, but special". What a beautiful tribute to your little guy.
What a beautiful poem. We think of you guys everyday and know that we love you guys. I'm sorry we couldn't make the service so I'm glad I got to see the pics and read about it. It sounds like it was really perfect.
Post a Comment