CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

California

We're back! What a great week we had last week in California. We went to Universal Studios, Disneyland (4 days!), and we visited Mark's family. The purpose of our trip was for Mark's grandma and grandpa's 80th birthday party. We also got to visit his other grandma that lives in San Diego. My mom came with us and it was so nice having her there to help out with Carter. The only bummer was that my back was hurting the whole time. I went to the doctor today and he said it is most likely a pinched nerve or a bulged disk. He gave me some pain meds and I have to start physical therapy.
Although I loved everything, I especially loved Disneyland! It was decorated for Halloween and it was just awesome! I love fall and Halloween so combining it with Disneyland made it ten times better!  I feel so blessed that we were able to take a vacation as a family!

 

Carter's 1st plane ride!

 

It was kind of a small plane...

 

Universal City Walk

 

Curious Carter

 

Ahh! Shark!
One of my favorite things to do at Universal Studios is go on the tram ride that shows the "backlot." The backlot is where they build sets and film tv shows and movies. 


 

The Jenkstones

 

Who is that stud?!

 

Eating at Big Boy. Love that place!

 
 WE LOVE DISNEYLAND!!!

 
 Carter's 1st Visit (8 months old)

 
 The 1st character Carter got to meet - Pluto!

 
 Can you say CUTE?!!!

 
We LOVE Halloween time at Disneyland!

 
Our cute little "Monster"

 
Carter's 1st Dumbo ride!

 

  
Goin' for a swim in the hotel pool. Carter loves to swim!


 
Visiting Grandma Myrl Jenkins in San Diego.

 
My crazy in-laws... together for Mimi & Boompa's 80th Birthday Celebration (Bakersfield, CA)


 
4 Generations! Great Grandma Mimi, Grandma Elliott, Mark, & Carter.


 
 Jenkins Road in Bakersfield, CA.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I am sorry about your back...that sucks so bad. You make me so excited for Disneyland. I hope it will still be fun in January for us....hopefully not too cold.

Heather said...

I am really upset that I didn't think to hide in your bags. We are absolutely dying to go to Disneyland. I was even thinking that I wouldn't even care if I didn't get to ride any rides...if I could just be there. I know it is silly, but you share my same love of Disneyland, right?