Even though my lack of makeup and need for a haircut are showcased in this picture.. I couldn't help but post it.
I got hit with a heart attack one night! It didn't hurt, it felt great! Kind of bittersweet actually.. you see, I had been the Young Womens Laurel adviser for 3 years! I started when Carter was 10 months old! I really loved serving in Young Womens. It is the place where I feel the most comfortable. The hard thing about being in the youth organizations is the time commitment... Besides Sunday lessons there is mutual once a week, every week. There is also firesides, service, meetings, girls camp, youth conference... and I was just an adviser so I didn't face the full brunt of it! It was hard to attend mutual every week while having small kids. Mark was in school while Carter was little so I had to take him every week. And, after I had Paige Mark still worked on some Wednesday nights meaning I had to take the kids or miss the activity. Even though it is nice to have my Wednesday nights free again, it is bittersweet. I REALLY miss the young women. We have such amazing, sweet, *quiet* girls in our ward. It was such a joy watching them progress and learn. One of my past Laurels is getting married soon. Married!! It makes me feel old! I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve in Young Womens. I wish I could have given more of my undivided attention, and I hope I will be able to serve in Young Womens again someday.
| All of the hearts had sweet notes and messages to me from the girls and leaders. |






No comments:
Post a Comment