CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas!

*Christmas Eve*

We had a great Christmas this year. On Christmas Eve I spent the day getting last minute things ready and Mark worked for half of the day at Hill. Then after everything was ready Mark left yet again to work for a few hours at TAB. (Good ol' TAB!) Carter and I headed over to my parent's house and Mark joined us once he was done working. We had yummy chicken croissants made by my dad and other snack/junk foods. I love nights like that! After dinner we relaxed, let Carter entertain us, and watched him open his pajamas. He got three pairs! Two pairs from my mom and one pair from my little brother's girlfriend. How nice is that? We then got pictures taken (complete with Carter saying "Cheese!") then we headed home. (I was so tired! That has definitely been the biggest symptom of this pregnancy. Being REALLY tired all of the time!)

 









 


Drew & Rachel exchanging gifts. So cute together!
 
Our little fam
 
 Cute little boy!
 
 Checking out Grandma's Christmas tree...
 
Carter & Drew getting ready to open their pjs

 
 Checking each other's pjs out...
 
Carter got a backpack from my parents. He loves it, and he also loves to say the word "backpack." He repeats it over and over again. It is so cute.



*Christmas Day*

On Christmas Day Carter and I woke up at 8:30 and Mark had been up for an hour or so before that. (He was too excited to sleep... ) Santa brought Carter his very own Jeep! When he saw it he pointed to it and said "oooooo!  Wow!" Then he ran right over to it and got in. He had fun playing in it. He also got a giant coloring pad of paper and crayons. He loves to color right now. 

Soon after checking out Carter's gifts from Santa my mom called to say that Colby was on the phone with them. So we hurried and went over to their house so that we could talk to Elder Colby Mellies! It was fun to talk to him and he is doing great! It is hard (but exciting) to believe that he is going to be home in September. I am glad he will be home this year. I have missed him. When we were done talking with him we came back to our house to finish opening gifts and to have breakfast with Mark's sisters and their families. 

All I wanted for Christmas was for my camcorder to get fixed... Mark surprised me with a new one! My new one is TINY and it is all digital so I won't have to worry about any parts breaking. He also got me a super cute purse (which I helped him out with) and some new maternity jeans that I LOVE! He did good. Mark got his iphone which was a combination Christmas/Graduation present. He got a new jacket, a new sweater, an itunes giftcard, and a homemade block with our family picture on it. We also got spoiled by our parents and didn't even need to get anything for each other because they were so good to us!


After opening all of our presents Carter went down for his nap and we relaxed. We later got a visit from Mark's dad and stepmom. After that we got ready and went to a nice Christmas dinner that my dad made. We had ham, funeral potatoes, veggies, fruit salad, and rolls. Yum! It was so good! Our family friends the Deckers were also there. We opened up our presents from my family (which took a while!) and played some Deal or No Deal. It was a great Christmas and I look forward to next year when we will have a new little bundle of joy to share it with!


 
                                       Proof that Carter is completely Spoiled! We tried not to even get him that much...

The new baby is already getting spoiled too... my mom got him/her this outfit and a giftcard for more outfits!








*More December*

While Mark's family was here we had a family Christmas party complete with dancing, a white elephant gift exchange, a reenactment of the nativity by the kids, and an appetizer/hor dourves dinner. Somebody also secret santa'd Julie. One of the other days we went up to Snowbasin for lunch. It was so good! Their tomato bisque soup is to die for! Also, after Mark's graduation we went to Jeremiah's restaurant on 12th St. and Carter ended up burning his hands on one of their fireplaces. The whole experience there was awful I will not be going back. The service was bad, the service charge on top of high gratuity was ridiculous. 1 server for over 20 people usually does not cut it, and the food wasn't that good... anyway, here are some pics of the rest of our December!


All of us at Snowbasin
 
 At least the fireplaces at Snowbasin weren't hot!
 
 Carter loved playing in the snow!
 
 Carter's newest buddy! Wish Great Grandma Mimi lived closer!
 
The Nativity. Carter was the star..
 
 Cheese!! Notice how the bottom half of our tree isn't decorated? Thanks to Carter...
 
 Carter's left hand had to get treated. It was sad. But he is still the cutest ever!
 
Just playing with one of his "backpacks!"
 
Can we say relaxed?! This is "his spot" for his shows.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That is a lucky boy there to get his own jeep! Jeez Santa will have to have a hint next year for us ;) Sounds like you guys had a really fun Christmas!
Oh and by the way I love the topper you did on here! I have the same scrap kit and love it! " )

Taya said...

What a fun Christmas, and a cute little boy! How sad that you didn't find out what you're having! That happened to me with Mali and I remember that the month until my next appointment seemed like forever. I hope you have better luck next time!