CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Slowly getting there... but still frustrated

So, I finally got a scrapbook page done in Photoshop but it is taking me FOREVER to learn the program! The frustrating part is that I just want to dive in and scrapbook but I don't know all of the functions to make it look how I want it. I am not thrilled with the text on the top of this page or the color of the photo. I still need to know A LOT more about editing pictures. Right now I know zilch. I got the program My Memories Suite for my birthday but it kind of limits you and it makes it harder to work with downloads other than their own.

Anyway, for those of you who use Photoshop (I have Elements 5.0) for scrapbooking or photo editing please tell me your tips and tricks that are your favorite or that you think I really need to know! I have been watching some tutorials on YouTube but it is kind of hard to see their screen sometimes. So those of you who live close by could come over and give me a lesson in exchange for cookies, babysitting, or $$$! help...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally want to come down one of these days and help :) I just need to think of the next time I am down that way. Or you can make a day trip to Logan and I can teach you for a day... It would be fun! cause I know how frustrating Photoshop can be to learn from scratch. It is not one of those sit down easy to use programs :)

ps. In the meantime here is the link to a step-by-step tutorial I did a long time ago. http://simplysweetdesignslessons.blogspot.com/2008/03/step-by-step.html

Hope it helps a little

dubb and dawni said...

Alison... That page looks so cute. You did a AWESOME job for your first time! DOn't be so hard on yourself. hugs -dawnelle

heather said...

I will be there soon and would be happy to show you a thing or two - I am not a pro, but Jon is, and he is my teacher :0) I will be there early August if you still need some help :0)

Greg and Taya said...

I probably don't know much more than you do, but I like to pretend I know what I'm doing. I taught myself everything I know, so I'm definitely not a pro. Your page looks really good, especially for your first. I'd be happy to come help, but I don't know how much I can teach you. If you want me to come, give me a call. My # isn't right in the ward directory, but I think you have my email address?? Or you could leave a comment on my blog.

Bethany said...

I really wish I could help. I don't know photoshop all that well. Only for editing my pics. I think you did a great job on that page though!!! You'll get the hang of it " )