CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentines Day 2009

This year was the best Valentines that Mark and I have had together! We have always been so busy with work or school that we didn't really get to celebrate it until it was almost over. But since Valentines was on a Saturday this year I suggested that we spend Friday night in a hotel somewhere. So, thanks to Mark working his Priceline magic we got a room at the Sheraton Hotel in Salt Lake for $35.00! They just remodeled all of their rooms so our room was super nice too! When we checked in they gave him two coupons for a breakfast buffet at the nice restaurant located in the hotel. Sweet! Later that night Mark and I went and got into the hot tub while Carter took a nap in his stroller. (We took Carter with us because we needed some time together as a family). When we got back to our room Carter and I went swimming in the mini swimming pool in our room (aka the tub). He loved it! The next day we ate our yummy breakfast at the buffet then headed towards the Gateway. Mark wanted to go to Dicks and I wanted to take Carter to the Discovery Gateway. My friend works at the Discovery Gateway so we ended up getting in for free ($17.00 value!) Carter loved it and he cried when I tried to move him from one playstation to the next.
After our economical overnight date in Salt Lake we drove home. Waiting for us at home were Mark's dad and stepmom. We went to dinner with them at Jeremiah's. It wasn't Red Lobster like I was hoping for.. but it was still really good. What a nice weekend!
Carter and I taking a swim in the tub. Oh, I would love to have a tub like that!

Carter sitting in a pile of blankets at Dick's Sporting Goods store.

Carter's favorite playstation at Discovery Gateway...




5 comments:

dubb and dawni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natasha said...

What a great Valentines day. I wish ours would have been better. I think I need to head down to Salt Lake and go to the Discovery Center (whatever it was called). It looks fun.

dubb and dawni said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I need a hoilday like that !!

Rodarte Family said...

Glad you guys were able to get away. What a fun weekend!

carieannem said...

Awesome!!! I absolutely love cheap things that rock. Expensive is so overrated!