CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 11, 2009

California - August 2009

We had the opportunity to go to California in August because Mark had to do some training for his work. All we had to pay for was my flight, so Carter and I tagged along. We have definitely taken advantage of the under age 2 flies free because this was Carter's 3rd time on a plane and he is 18 months old. Mark's training was in San Diego. While Mark and his coworker were at class Carter and I explored the city - on foot & stroller. I loved being able to see the city more instead of just the local theme parks. The city is beautiful except for the bums EVERYWHERE! But, if I had to be homeless that is probably where I would go too because the weather is always perfect. We hung out at the Gaslamp quarter a lot, Little Italy, The Pier, Seaport Village, and Old Town. The only negative was when Carter got sick... he was teething which resulted in constipation (from not eating), and one day he threw up all over in the car. That night and the next day was spent cleaning up from that. Not fun! Poor guy! and Poor Mom & Dad! Oh, and we missed our flight home.. long story, so we spent one more day in San Diego.

After 5 days in San Diego we headed up to Disneyland for a day. When we were there in May Fantasmic wasn't showing. We really wanted to see it, and it was worth it! Best - show - ever! Carter was really good at Disneyland. He really seemed to love it and enjoyed being there. The cutest thing was when it was time to get a picture with Tigger. I sat him down to see what he would do and he timidly walked up to Tigger. Tigger gave him a hug and as soon as he let go Carter ran back to me. It was so cute!

After Disneyland we went and saw Mark's mom and stepdad for 2 days. They live in Indio - which is extremely hot! It was about 114 degrees when we were there. We fed the fish, went swimming, went geocaching, went to Jackalope (awesome restaurant!), and just relaxed. Thanks for your hospitality Robin & Mel!


These first pics are at Jackalope. It cost $34 million to build and it was awesome!






Looking cool when we were Geocaching
Feeding the HUGE fish! One came up and splashed us. Robin, Carter & I got soaked. Carter just sat there like, "what happened?"


1 comment:

Bethany said...

You guys look like you had so much fun! Geez now I can't wait to take Jace! Carter is so grown up looking, he is seriously a good looking boy! You look wonderful in all of the pics too by the way " )