CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

What about baby?

My friend Natasha posted this on her blog and I thought it was so fun to read hers that I am doing it too.

BABIES FULL NAME? Carter Mark Jenkins

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT SPECIFIC NAME? We just liked the name Carter. We also considered Tyler and Rory but when he was born he looked like a Carter to me. His middle name is Mark after his daddy.

WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, we had been married for about 2 1/2 years.

WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I listed it on another post, but I was SO EXTREMELY excited to be having a baby. It has been something I have wanted my whole life. Mark was excited too, but he got all of those nervous dad jitters about being able to provide, etc.

DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes! I couldn't wait to find out what we were having so that I could prepare his or her room and shop for outfits, etc. I was able to find out at 15 weeks!

DUE DATE? Originally it was February 29, 2008 (Leap Year Day), then my doctor officially made it February 28th.

DID YOU DELIVER EARLY OR LATE? 6 days early

DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, I think I threw up about 6 or 7 times total, but I usually just felt nauseated and tired.

WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? For most of my pregnancy NOTHING sounded good to eat, but my stomach would hurt from being SO hungry. So if ANYTHING sounded good I would go and get it. I remember wanting sausage pizza from Pizza Hut, Subway & Blimpie sandwiches with lots of pickles and vinegar on them, mashed potatoes, and cold cereal.

WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? This is sad, but probably Mark. I didn't feel like he was understanding me and what it was like to be pregnant.

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? 100% BOY

DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS WITH YOUR PREGNANCY? No, I did have a cyst on my ovary at my first appointment but the doctor didn't seem that concerned about it.

HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 2.5 hrs. My water broke at exactly 6:00 am and Carter was delivered at 8:28 am.

WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Mark, it was so cute because he acted just like the dads in the movies that drives crazy to the hospital. As soon as my water broke he jumped out of bed and turned on his speedy-hyper mode.

WHO WAS IN THE DELIVERY ROOM? Mark, My mother-in-law (Robin), My dad, & Jean Decker. My mom was on a trip with my brother in Cali so she wasn't there. So our family friend Jean Decker recorded it for us. We didn't know originally if Robin or my dad would be in the room, but Robin helped out since my mom wasn't there and I was glad to have my dad there.

WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural

DID YOU HAVE AN EPIDURAL? Yes, I was luck to get it considering how fast it went. (When I arrived at the hospital I was an 8)

HOW MUCH DID YOUR BABY WEIGH? 8 lbs. 13 oz. 21.5 in

DID YOUR BABY HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? No, he was as healthy as an ox. He didn't have any jaundice and he latched right on to nurse.

WHAT HOSPITAL DID YOU DELIVER AT? McKay Dee Hospital. We had a really good experience there

HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRSTBORN NOW? 6 months 2 weeks & 2 days


Then...

Now! (6 months)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Alison- so cute! I love the picture of your dog too! I want one so bad!!!