For this trip my parents rented a Suburban for the drive. It was super nice and had a DVD video system which was nice for Carter. My aunt Norma and uncle Scott were also going to meet us there but on the way they had a car trouble. When they had car trouble they weren't that far from us! So we went and picked Norma up while my dad and Scott took their broken car back and traded it. After that ordeal we stopped in Mesquite to get the $4.99 prime rib, which was actually pretty good! (The atmosphere was not though). After Mesquite it was time for Vegas! We got to our hotel (SouthPoint) late that night. At our hotel we had a girls room and a boys room which was fun.
We had a good time in Vegas over the next couple of days. We went to the Mandalay Bay Aquarium which Carter loved! The Bellagio fountains and Atrium, A buffet dinner (of course), bowling at our hotel, swimming, Cheesecake factory, M&M and The Coke Factory, the Atlantis show (which kind of scared Carter) and saw many different hotels and casinos. We had quite the group dynamic which made huge amounts of sightseeing hard. It was a great time (until the drive home in a huge blizzard...) Thanks Mom and Dad for inviting us for the fun trip!
Yes, there are tons of pictures included with this post... but ever since I found out about getting my blog printed I haven't wanted to leave any out. So enjoy LOTS of pictures!
Trying to get to Vegas... Scott & Norma's car had to get towed.
Carter really liked the aquarium. He especially liked the "big big fishies!"
The statue of liberty is made out of candy
Saw this on the strip... thought it was funny
M&M World was SUPER crowded! When we came to Vegas last time I thought it only had two floors. I was surprised this time to find FOUR floors!
At the Coca-Cola Factory soda fountain you could get an international tray of 14 different flavors of soda. Some were not so good, and some were pretty good.
Riding in the Suburban. I feel bad that everyone had to listen to Wonderpets constantly..
Goofin' off at the Bellagio
Carter loved watching the jumping water.
Here is Carter throwing a fit. Just wanted to document it for later.. :)
Me and my awesome mom!
(I'm feeling very prego in this one..)
(I'm feeling very prego in this one..)
I love this one of Mark and Carter
We visited the Las Vegas Temple on Easter Sunday. It was nice to have a break from all of the casinos and craziness to think about Christ.
I love how happy we all look in this one,
and how candid it is.
and how candid it is.
I love these two of my little guy. He is SO busy now that it is hard to get a picture of him.
The day we went to a buffet was Easter Sunday. I love the pic with Drew's cheeks full and Rachel taking a bite. The next picture of Carter eating cake. I love how happy he looks eating it. He loves his cake!
Our hotel had such a cool pool area. It was quite chilly though with the wind blowing. So we actually hung out in the hot tub a lot of the time. The water wasn't very hot though which made it nice. Carter was obsessed with jumping in, over and over again. He also loved splashing his dad in the face!
Carter is a "game kid" by heart. He LOVES games! His favorites are ski-ball and bowling. He learned them electronically first on Mark's iphone. Our hotel had an awesome bowling alley. My mom even bowled with us and I don't remember the last time that happened! Too bad I was so occupied with Carter that I didn't get a picture.
Of course we had to get a picture with the famous Vegas sign.
And this is what got to come home to... this is also what the weather was like most of the drive home. Needless to say, it was a LONG drive home.






2 comments:
Looks like a fun trip! It makes me want to goto Vegas!
Man you guys travel a lot! Lucky!
And look at you all pregnant all the sudden! So cute! That went fast!
The candy statue of liberty is crazy! How cool!
Post a Comment